Human resources administrator
Position title: Human resources administrator
Employee group: Associate Executive Staff (AES)
Immediate supervisor: General Counsel
Probationary period: 180 days
Plan, coordinate and administer human resources functions for the organization.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Assure compliance with state and federal law and union contracts.
• Administer employee health and welfare plans; responsible for enrollments, terminations, and conducting annual open enrollment period. Benefit plan includes medical, dental, 401k, pension, long-term care, life insurance, long-term disability, HRA and flexible spending accounts.
• Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
• Administer hiring process including job postings, candidate screening and interviews, background screenings and new hire benefit orientation.
• Manage and maintain personnel records; ensure compliance with federal, state and other regulatory agency requirements concerning employment. Keep abreast of all employment and benefit legislation and regulation and ensure organizational compliance.
• Authorize payment of monthly billings from insurance providers; review for accuracy and/or changes. Communicate benefit information to employees and retirees. Complete reports for management as requested.
• Assist management in various employee issues, retirement process including the processing of COBRA and other post-employment benefits.
• Organize, participate in and keep records for the pension, 401k and medical insurance committees.
• File government required reports. Perform technical assistance in updating affirmative action reports and policies and benefit plan 5500s.
• Administer the pension plan in conjunction with the CFO.
• Coordinate salary and benefit information with payroll department for processing.
• Convene wellness committee and implement wellness program.
• Act as liaison and resolve employee issues related to health and welfare plans. Advise management of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
• Administer, maintain and ensure accuracy for all employee time and leave records. (Time Trak)
• Other job related duties as assigned.
Maintain confidential information related to all personnel, payroll, accounting and legal matters.
Machines and software operated:
||Fax machine, copier|
|Windows-based word processing software
||Adding machine, calculator|
||Internet and browser software|
|Education Minnesota leaders and members
||Education Minnesota staff|
• Bachelor degree in human resources plus minimum five years human resources administrator experience; or minimum 10 years human resources administrator experience.
• Experience in employee benefit programs, recruitment and other related areas.
• Experience with ADP or comparable human resource system, word processing, and spreadsheet software applications.
• Ability and experience to independently coordinate and manage all functions in a fast paced environment, carry out directives, administer programs, and make decisions.
• Ability to perform well under numerous pressures/deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Internet and e-mail experience.
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience and background in a union and/or non-profit organization.
• Experience with a wellness program.
• Professional human resource (PHR) certification.
• Some travel, evening and weekend work required.
Education Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the following is provided: The position involves skills in critical thinking, analysis, problem-solving, judgment, human relations, leadership, consulting, writing, planning, and organization; use of clear and articulate speech; use of computer keyboard, ability to travel by various conveyances, e.g., air, rail, auto; sitting for long periods of time, standing, stooping, bending, reaching, carrying materials (up to 5 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.).
Deadline: For best consideration apply by Jan. 11
Position open until filled.
Please apply online.
December 20, 2012